Manage Online Registrations
Modified on: Wed, 6 Sep, 2023 at 3:08 PM
- The first step in using the AWdb Online Registration feature is to customize the Online Site. This website will include the forms that allow parents to register their child(ren) for your Awana club, along with your landing and confirmation pages. Please note that while AWdb does not directly provide a way for parents to make online payments, you are able to provide a link on the Confirmation page to direct parents to any payment option you choose. You can find more details on how to customize the registration site by reading the Manage Site article or watching the Manage Site video.
- Once the customizations of the forms and website are complete, you need to provide the registration link to parents. You can find the URL that is specific to your church near the top of the Manage Site page. We recommend creating a button or link on your church website or sending an email with a link, using this url, so that parents will be able to easily click on it to open the registration website in their browser. The Copy URL to Clipboard button on the Manage Site page makes it easy for you to copy/paste the url as needed.
- When a parent submits a registration, it will show up in either your Pending or Waitlist page, depending on your Waitlist settings on the Manage Site page. TIP: If you do not see the expected registrations listed, be sure the Current Club Year in the top menu bar matches the Active Year selected on the Manage Site page; or if the Active Year is the following year, check the box near the top of each list to show the pre-registrations.
- You must accept any pending registrations before they will show up as registered in the Members module. If the name and birthdate of a Pending registration matches a member already in the database, you will have the opportunity to merge any differences in the data, one way or the other, before accepting it. You can find more details in the Pending article.
- Once a pending registration has been accepted, it will show up in the Accepted page. This is a read-only page that is useful for reviewing historical data. By setting the Current Club Year in the top menu bar to a previous year, you can view past year's registrations.
- If you chose to use waitlists within the Manage Site options, registrations will start automatically showing up on the Waitlist page once any club's max limit is reached. If a spot opens up within a club, you can easily move the top waitlisted registration for that club to the Pending page, where you can then Accept it as in Step 4 above.
- Once your registration period is over, you should edit the Manage Site page and uncheck the "Site is Active" option. If the parents navigate to the site while it's not active, they will see the customizable Inactive Message.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.